Vital Patches for ataraid with Intel Matrix RAID (ICH7)

Stef Walter stef-list at memberwebs.com
Sat Mar 22 05:22:44 UTC 2008

Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> I have seen this bug in other ATA RAID implementations (VIA & Promise)
> too. From what I can tell this part of your patch is general to all ATA
> RAID arrays, right?

Yes, a small part. The part that will write out the RAID information
(thus updating the generation) whenever the status changes, regardless
of whether that change takes place when the machine is off or not.

Without testing, I can't be sure whether this solves the problem on
other ataraid devices.

Cheers,
Stef Walter