Some versioned storage program?
delphij at delphij.net
Fri Mar 21 23:10:33 UTC 2008
I'm looking for some versioned storage program that can fulfill the
- Open source/Free Software that can run on FreeBSD, or not far (i.e.
on other POSIX OS)
- Support of atomic commit/rollback.
- Fast checkin time (At least, when added/changed files are
- Fast update time (i.e. something like 'cvsup -s' that makes it
possible to trust bookkeeping file rather than stat'ing every files)
- Scalable for a large number of files, directories and revisions.
Say, it is not acceptable for it to store a zillion of revisions as
individual files within one directory.
- Ideally it can support some sort of "hook" functions upon commit so
that changes can be notified in some way such as e-mail.
- Ideally it can support fast export of a snapshot for HEAD and
"nearby" revision like HEAD - 1, etc.
I think what I need is some SCM software like subversion or hg, but I do
not know if there is some superior stuff that matches these requirements
better. Any other suggestions?
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!
More information about the freebsd-hackers