Graphic boot loader?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Mar 18 15:10:37 UTC 2008

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
 > Igor_Z wrote:
 > > Does anybody know something about graphic boot loader?
 > > I mean how to make this?
 > > I know that some guy is did it, but how? That is the question!  =)
 >
 > This is currently "in development", as I understand it.  The individual
 > working on it is Oliver Fromme <olli at fromme.com>.

I'm sorry for the late reply, I'm currently swamped with
work (not FreeBSD-related).

It's true I'm working on the graphics support for the
boot loader.  Development is done in the P4 repository
first.  As soon as I have something for public test,
I will post an RFT to the -current list.  I plan to
provide a .tar.gz that can simply be dropped in /boot,
so everyone can participate in the test easily.  It
should work with both 8-current and 7-stable.

I'm only asking for a little bit of patience, because
my free time for working on this is currently very
limited.

Best regards
   Oliver

"What is this talk of 'release'?  We do not make software 'releases'.
Our software 'escapes', leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality
assurance people in its wake."