Summer of Code 2008 Project Ideas

Vadim Goncharov vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
Tue Mar 18 10:37:50 UTC 2008

Hi Murray Stokely!

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:15:40 -0700; Murray Stokely wrote about 'Summer of Code 2008 Project Ideas':

> The FreeBSD Project was again accepted as a mentoring organization for the
> Google Summer of Code.  The student application period will begin next week
> so if you have any ideas for great student projects, please send them to
> soc-admins at FreeBSD.org or post them here for discussion.  A good student
> project has a well defined purpose, some key FreeBSD developers that could
> be identified as potential mentors, and is feasible for a student to
> complete in a few months time.  The existing ideas list is available here :

> http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/

> If you can suggest something (getting specific parts of valgrind working on
> FreeBSD?) then please provide information in the form of the other projects
> listed on the page as far as difficulty level, requirements, etc..

I'm going to write a proposal about a bunch of changes in ipfw2 (dynamic rules
and others) in a day or two and post it for architectural discussion to ipfw at .
Has it any chances to go to SoC 2008 ?

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
[Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]