Versioned symbols

Adriano dos Santos Fernandes adrianosf at uol.com.br
Fri Mar 7 02:42:59 UTC 2008

Hi!

First, sorry if this shouldn't belong to this list. If this is the case,
please point me to the appropriate list.

I want to make versioned symbols as they work in Linux, but I had no
success with FreeBSD.

Let me say, I've app, lib1 and lib2. lib1 and lib2 have two different
functions, and I link app with both. They use the following version
scripts:
lib1.vers
----------
lib1 {
   *;
};

lib2.vers
----------
lib2 {
   *;
};

Then, I rebuild lib2 to have the same lib1 function, and when app calls
that function (that nows exists in lib1 and lib2) the call go to lib2.

I suppose the app should call the lib1 function, as the imported
function is defined with lib1 "namespace".

If you want, I can post a small test case.

Do exists any different on Linux and FreeBSD re. versioned symbols? Is
there a way to achieve what I want?

Thanks,

Adriano