Comments on pmake diffs for building on Linux

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 4 20:44:05 UTC 2008

[ DO NOT REPLY TO MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE WITH THESE SAME CONTENTS
  I GOOFED AND SET REPLY-TO freebsd-alpha !! ]

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 09:38:25PM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2008-03-04 09:58, David O'Brien <obrien at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 10:42:56PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> >>  #include "arch.h"
> >> +#include "config.h"
> >
> > Are you able to use "CFLAGS+= -include config.h" instead?
> > If so, that would mean less .[ch] changes.
>
> Not with Sun Studio compilers on Solaris.

You know... I really don't think you're going to get very far in your
overall goal of building FreeBSD on Solaris if you insist on both Solaris
and Sun Studio.  GCC is bundled in Solaris 10, so you know its there.  I
don't think the performance differences between the SUNWspro compiler and
GCC will matter to your fbsdmake performance.

> There's a fair amount of things that can be done without _any_ source
> code change at all, but there's also a limit to what can be done.

Sun bought VirtualBox - it runs on Solaris you know...

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)
A: Why is top-posting (putting a reply at the top of the message) frowned upon?