Comments on pmake diffs for building on Linux

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 4 18:01:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 05:37:30PM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> The next part, about the missing errx() functions on Solaris is going to
> be tonight's fun.  If there are too many missing functions, it may be
> worth adding a static `libcompat' with copies of just the functions we
> need to run BSD make on non-BSD hosts.

fbsdmake will be just one of many tools you'll find you need.  A
libfbsdcompat would be useful to this endevor.  If I were you, I would
try to create one using FreeBSD src/ - that is assume a checked out
FreeBSD is available.  See some of my sed'ing and unifdef*(1) hacks I've
used over the years to build GNU stuff on FreeBSD.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)
A: Why is top-posting (putting a reply at the top of the message) frowned upon?