WITHOUT_INSTALLLIB blues

Ruslan Ermilov ru at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 30 10:08:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:07:57PM +0300, Danny Braniss wrote:

> > > Was this documented somewhere after the change?  This bit me some time
> > > ago and I could not find it documented anywhere.  If not can someone
> > > add it to /usr/src/UPDATING?
> > >
> > It follows from the description of WITHOUT_INSTALLLIB in src.conf(5),
> > but perhaps it's not very obvious.
>
> understatement :-)
> but if it only applies to 'install' why does it break 'build'? I have one file src.conf, now i need 2?

It can be applied only to the "install" stage.  If applied to the
"build" stage, it will break it because "build" internally uses
"install" to install libraries to a temporary place (${WORLDTMP})
so the other programs/libraries can link against them.  See your
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp{,/usr}/lib for details (for a canonical mix
of /usr/src and /usr/obj).

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov