eeePC 900 && turning off wireless (ath0)

Rui Paulo rpaulo at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 27 19:46:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:02:03AM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Hello Rui,
>
> I recompiled the kernel to have if_ath out of the kernel, but as a
> loaded module at boot:
>
> $ kldstat
> Id Refs Address    Size     Name
>  1   14 0xc0400000 8c7098   kernel
>  2    1 0xc0cc8000 1242c    if_ath.ko
>  3    3 0xc0cdb000 46324    ath_hal.ko
>  4    2 0xc0d22000 4218     ath_rate.ko
>  5    1 0xc0d27000 14324    snd_hda.ko
>  6    2 0xc0d3c000 4a5ac    sound.ko
>  7    1 0xc0d87000 6a32c    acpi.ko
>  8    1 0xc4394000 22000    linux.ko
>
> I can unload if_ath, ath_hal and ath_rate which drops the interface
> ath0, but even in this case Fn+F2 has no affect at all; any idea?

Oh, then I guess the 900 is different.

> I've had a look into the Xandros Linux and they do it with ACPI events,
> dropping the modules and others; I could provide their script
> /etc/acpi/wlan.sh if someone wants to have a look into;

If turning off WLAN is now done via ACPI events, then the patch I
committed to HEAD will probably help. I'll MFC it in a week, but if you
can give it a try, that would be great. Please contact me off-list if
you need assistance.

Regards,
--
Rui Paulo