Modifying the loaded kernel image

karim sk karimulla at krify.com
Fri Jun 27 06:28:34 UTC 2008

<DIV style="font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:10pt;"><FONT size="2"><SPAN style="font-family: Arial,sans-serif;">Hi,<BR><BR>I need to modify one of the kernel hardware module ( which is part of kernel image) and i have to load that module instead of the old one.<BR>So what i am doing now is <BR>During boot up step into loader prompt and i am typing the following commands.<BR>load kernel (Load the kernel )<BR>load module ( To load my customized module)<BR>boot ( To start the normal boot).<BR><BR>Now i am facing some problem here. Loading of my module is successful but my module registration is not getting successful. i.e. OS is reporting that module_register got failed as there exists already a module with that name. Now the problem is i cant do unload of the old component as it is not a module.&nbsp; Can any body tell me how to remove the component from the kernel image with out recompiling the kernel.<BR><BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>Karim.<BR><BR></SPAN></FONT><BR>&nbsp;<BR><HR>I use Krify Mail - http://mail.krify.com&nbsp; Get&nbsp; yourmail at&nbsp; Krify today!</DIV>