3D for AMD64 (was Re: Lack of Flash support is no longer acceptable. Bounty established...)

Ben Kaduk minimarmot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 17:27:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Thierry Herbelot <thierry at herbelot.com> wrote:

> is there any hope for having the newly open-sourced radeon/radeon-hd AMD
> drivers (and the related 3D acceleration) to work under FreeBSD-AMD64 ?

Well, I'm using radeonhd right now on a
[kaduk at periphrasis /usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/ath/public]$ uname -a
FreeBSD periphrasis.mit.edu 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #4: Wed May
14 00:27:26 EDT 2008
root at periphrasis.mit.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PERIPHRASIS  amd64

I don't think I have anything that uses 3d installed at the moment, but
the 2d seems like it's getting accelerated (non-accelerated dual-monitors
can be painfully slow).

-Ben Kaduk