Lack of Flash support is no longer acceptable. Bounty established...

John Kozubik john at kozubik.com
Tue Jun 24 15:17:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 08:39 +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting John Kozubik <john at kozubik.com> (from Thu, 19 Jun 2008
> > 14:38:11 -0700 (PDT)):
> >
> > > First, a bounty has been posted here:
> > >
> > > http://blog.kozubik.com/john_kozubik/2007/12/bounty-posted-f.html
> > >

>   Maybe the bounty would be better spent here,
>
> This was from an email on the gnome list from Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>
>
> "As to the point about Flash, Kris also mentioned that he has the ear of
>  someone at Adobe who was hinting that a capable developer willing to
>  sign an NDA could be given code to work on a native Flash plug-in port.
>  This could bode well for PC-BSD and FreeBSD should someone step up to
>  do this work."

Perfect.  This is exactly what the bounty:

http://blog.kozubik.com/john_kozubik/2007/12/bounty-posted-f.html

is for.  I suggest that if you think this is important (as I do) to post a
commitment to the bounty, and presumably someone will step forward to
speak with Kris, sign an NDA, and get the FreeBSD desktop back to a
reasonable level of utility.