[RFC] patch to AHCI device detection code

Søren Schmidt sos at FreeBSD.ORG
Wed Jun 11 08:42:53 UTC 2008

Hi

You are right on that one of course, from my quick eyeballing the
patch I thought you enabled the reset sequence too, but on a closer
look its only the extra timeout, my bad.

However, the most usual problem is that the devices does not leave a
signature behind due to the missing reset sequence. That problem is
50/50 as some controllers apparently doesn't like the resetting and
will leave busy set and a hanging channel.

I'll be getting some new HW here in the lab tomorrow if all goes well,
that will let me play with this on one of the failing devices again.
Maybe I'll find a generic solution this time around.

I'll commit this patch for now, as you said, it doesn't hurt..

-Søren