Kerberos support in NFSv4

Zachary Loafman zachary.loafman at isilon.com
Sat Jun 7 02:45:17 UTC 2008

Isilon Systems is sponsoring RPCSEC_GSS work for FreeBSD soon. I expect
that we'll have it CURRENT later this year. We don't really have any
plans to glue it into the v4 client just yet, we're targeting Kerberized
NFSv3 first. We are looking at NFSv4 longer term, though, at which point
we will have to beat the v4 client into shape for internal testing
purposes.

...Zach

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 04:57:13PM -0400, Derek Taylor wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a project to add kerberos support to FreeBSD's NFSv4
> implementation?
>
> Is there a better list to ask about development efforts and directions
> for HEAD?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Derek.

Zach Loafman | Staff Engineer
Isilon Systems    D +1-206-315-7570    F +1-206-315-7485
www.isilon.com    P +1-206-315-7500    M +1-206-422-3461