Can I change the device of the "/" mount point at boot time.

Tapan Chaudhari tapan.list at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 20:38:38 UTC 2008

Hi,
   Thanks a lot Mike. But the problem is the device I am talking about is
not the physical device. I am writing a driver which will create a virtual
device and all the i/os done on this virtual device will be ultimately
redirected to the original device. Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess the
loader will try to mount my new device on '/' and then load the modules into
the kernel. Since my driver would not be loaded at that point in time, it
will fail to even mount '/'. Am I right? Or can our drivers get loaded
before loader mounts '/' ?

Thanks,
--Tapan.