Can I change the device of the "/" mount point at boot time.

Tapan Chaudhari tapan.list at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:36:19 UTC 2008

Hi All,
    I am new to FreeBSD and this mailing list as well.
What I want to achieve is change the device of my mount point '/'(or any
other mount point) after I reboot the machine. I have some knowledge about
initrd in Linux in which I can change the device for '/' and than reboot the
machine so that it takes a new device for '/'.
How can I achieve this in FreeBSD? I am using the latest release 7.0. Any
pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
--Tapan.