Sysinstall is still inadequate after all of these years / sorry I started flame war

Rob Lytle jan6146 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 04:26:17 UTC 2008

Hi Kevin,

The sysinstall dependency problem  has existed for 10 years, so I doubt that
its unique to me.  It has occurred in every installation I have ever done.

I use portupgrade for all ports.

i strongly disagree with using ports for huge packages.  I don't have the
time to waste compiling.  Plus, you are presented with numerous nag screens
so you have to babysit the whole process.

Rob.