[OT] Q: what would you choose for a VCS today

Johan Bucht jbucht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 02:16:46 PST 2008

I've only tried CVS, Mericurial, Clearcase and a bit of Subversion.
And if you don't need IDE integration Mercurial seems to be working
pretty good.
I just read an article about the new merging and branching support
coming in Subversion 1.5 and it looks like it might have some future.
The IDE support is probably the best of the modern open source VCS.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-01-2008/jw-01-svnmerging.html

/Johan