kgdb in emacs

Sanjeev Kumar.S sanjeevfiles at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 23:20:18 PST 2008

Hi,
     I'm trying to use kgdb in emacs on Freebsd V6.2. I'm able to use kgdb
     on the command line like this
     kgdb -r /dev/cuad0 kernel.debug.
     In 6.2 there is no gdb -k, only kgdb.

     But when I run it in emacs. M-x gdb
     Run gdb ( like this ) : kgdb -r /dev/cuad0 kernel.debug
     I get :
     Current directory is /dev/
     kgdb: multiple core files specified. Ignored
     kgdb: d: No such file or directory.
     Debugger exited abnormally with code 1

     Why is emacs even interpretting my commands.
     Why doesn't it just call kgdb with whatever arguments
     I give ?

Regards,
Sanjeev.