a new syscalls table

Jerry Toung jrytoung at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:17:09 PST 2008

Hello list,
I am trying to create an environment where you can't run my binaries on your
box and I can't run
your binaries on my system (x86 platform).
For that, I have modified the system calls table (i.e everything is offset
by 5).
All the files that need to be re-generated, have been.
I ran make buildworld then make kernel. I don't run make installworld
because it will not complete (modified libc.so.6). So, just before I reboot,
I cp my
newly built libc.so.6 from /usr/obj/../lib to /lib/. then power off the box.
When it comes back, it panics in kern/kern_exit.c with
"Going nowhere without my init!"

How can I make this work? Is my initial objective even possible?
I think the correct approach would be to have a cpu that no else in the
world has,
any in between solution.?

Thank you for reading,
Jerry