gettimeofday() in hping

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Thu Jan 24 02:44:00 PST 2008

Hi Kris,

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Stefan Lambrev wrote:
>> Hi Kris,
>>
>> Kris Kennaway wrote:

>> I got hwpmc to compile (but only as module)
>> hwpmc: TSC/1/0x20<REA> P6/2/0x1ff<INT,USR,SYS,EDG,THR,REA,WRI,INV,QUA>
>> but when I try to use pmcstat I receive this error message:
>> pmcstat: ERROR: Initialization of the pmc(3) library failed: Device
>> not configured
>>
>> kldstat lists hwpmc.ko as loaded and I have options HWPMC_HOOKS in my
>> kernel.
>>
>> Any idea what's go wrong?
>>

> You also need changes to the userland libpmc and pmcstat.  They should
> also be in that (or related) p4 changeset though.
Those are the files that I fetched from p4

/usr/src/lib/libpmc/libpmc.c - rev2
/usr/src/sys/amd64/include/pmc_mdep.h rev2
/usr/src/sys/dev/hwpmc/hwpmc_x86.c rev2
/usr/src/sys/modules/hwpmc/Makefile rev3

but I rebuild only kernel - I'll try to rebuild everything :)
do you think this will help getting hwpmc working?

Btw I have hwpmc working on other machine (it's with FreeBSD
6.3-prerelease).
Can you tell me what stats exactly you need from running hping?

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev