Dell XPS 1530 - Network card issue - Marvell 88E8040

Chris Stromblad cs at wa-sp.com
Thu Jan 24 01:47:34 PST 2008

Hi,

This is the output from lspci -v:
09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8040
PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 12)
        Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 022e
        Memory at f9ffc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        I/O ports at de00 [size=256]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

0b:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
Network Connection (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device 1021
        Memory at f9eff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

I included the wireless data as well because I wanted to ask if you know
whether or not this has support from ports? It doesn't get detected when
booting FreeBSD so I assume that either it needs a binary blob, or that
perhaps there are some drivers in ports that can be installed once I
have the wired network functioning properly.

Once again thank you very much for your help, and if there is anything
else I can do or get you, please let me know!

- Chris

--
Chris Stromblad
Security Engineer