Is Elf formatdocumented anywhere?

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon Jan 21 07:22:07 PST 2008

Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> writes:
> Erik Trulsson <ertr1013 at student.uu.se> writes:
> > ELF is fairly well documented and standardized.
> No, I would say ELF is somewhat documented.

Do not confuse your inability or unwillingness to read a specification
with the absence of such a specification.

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format
> These links only go that far.

Eh?  The Wikipedia article contains links to the complete specification
for both the machine-independent and machine-dependent portions of ELF,
as well as a number of third-party resources.

> > You can also read the elf(5) manpage in FreeBSD
> Not many details here too.

Compared to absolutely *no* detail from you.  The elf(5) manual page is
almost 900 lines long; I don't think it would be unfair to ask you to
write 9 lines (1%) explaining what it is you need that hasn't yet been
provided.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no