Reading from sound card broken in perelease?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Thu Jan 17 01:24:59 PST 2008

I tried to record sound from microphone and only getting errors.

During startup my soundcard is recognized as:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> port 0xdc00-0xdc1f irq 17 at device 6.0 on pci0
pcm0: <TriTech TR28602 AC97 Codec>
pcm0: [ITHREAD]

When I am trying to record with rawrec-0.9.991:
/usr/local/bin/rawrec file
I am getting an error:
/usr/local/bin/rawrec: read syscall of dsp device failed: Invalid argument

And dmesg gets a new record:
pcm0:record:dsp0.r1: record interrupt timeout, channel dead

Should I file a PR?

Yuri

FreeBSD xxx.xxx.xxx 7.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-PRERELEASE #0: Fri Jan  4
16:25:43 PST 2008     yuri at xxx.xxx.xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386