nvidia working?

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 14 13:07:10 PST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008, at 12:26 PM, John Nielsen wrote:

> The most straightforward approach is probably to review the output
> of your Xorg log, e.g. /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Output from the nvidia
> driver will be prefixed by NVIDIA (rather than VESA or NV if you
> were using a different driver).
>
> There is also x11/nvidia-settings port. It's a control panel of
> sorts that will show you nvidia-specific information. In theory it
> lets you control some settings as well but personally I've never
> found it useful for that. YMMV.
>
> JN

Yeah, I agree on both points:

1. Xorg.*.log will most likely yield the info you need about the
nvidia driver. X -probe may as well..
2. nvidia-settings was sort of useless for my purposes.. you may or
may not discover that as well after using the tool. Its Windows
counterpart is much more useful.

Cheers,
-Garrett