Porting from Linux to FreeBSD (procfs question)

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Fri Jan 4 00:55:27 PST 2008

"Fernando Apesteguía" <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > "Fernando Apesteguía" <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> writes:
> > > I have an application written in C + Gtk + Glib that gathers
> > > information from procfs under Linux. Now, I'm trying to port this
> > > application to FreeBSD (I'm working with 7.0 RC1).
> > man linprocfs
> Yes, I checked it. But although the cpuinfo file is quite close to the
> "original" one in Linux, there are other important files missed.

Have you checked that the missing files aren't in linsysfs?  If they
aren't, submit a PR and maybe the lin{proc,sys}fs maintainers (or
somebody else) will add them.  This is really the least-effort solution
for you (less code to modify), and it will also benefit native Linux
binaries running under the linuxulator.

While you're at it, please also submit a PR pointing out that the
linprocfs(5) man page is lagging behind the code...

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no