Perforce and `p4 diff2' against the origin

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Sat Apr 5 14:50:07 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

Because my mpsafetty project in Perforce is going quite well, I'm
considering running some kind of cron job to generate nightly diffs, so
other people (interested friends, colleagues and others) to test my
work.

I've read `p4 help diff2' and it seems you can run the following
command:

	p4 diff2 -b mpsafetty

Unfortunately this command just does a braindead diff against the latest
FreeBSD vendor source, which is not useful in my case. I just want it to
generate a diff against the version I integrated.

Is it possible to do this with Perforce?

Thanks!

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://g-rave.nl/