local "jailed" symlinks

Ighighi Ighighi ighighi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 02:16:50 PDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Joshua Isom _ jrisom at gmail.com _ wrote:
> Make all of your symlinks relative instead of absolute.  It might mean
> linking /foo/bar/baz to /bax/bay/baw as ../../../bax/bay/baw but it
> would suffice.

This is precisely the kind of manual intervention that I want to avoid...
Ideally, it should be done automatically.  Your approach wouldn't work
on read-only filesystems (and some of them can't be mounted read-write
anyway: ISO-9660 with Rockridge extensions).

By the way, I thought of using unionfs but it would be overkill and messy.

Salutes,
Igh.