Exclusive binary files

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Sun Sep 2 09:13:46 PDT 2007

On Saturday 01 September 2007, Klaus Schneider wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Well, anybody know a way to make the FreeBSD run just binaries that I
> have compiled?
>
> For example:
> A hacker get a access to a shell into my server, and then it put a
> exploit code, but on the machine don't have a compiler, then he tries
> to put the compiled exploit... supose that I can't mount the users
> partition in "noexec" mode...
>
> Anybode knows a solution for these?

IIRC csjp@ had some code to do this inside the MAC framework.  Storing
hashes in extended attributes and only allowing execution of signed
executables ...
http://perforce.freebsd.org/fileLogView.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/trustedbsd/mac/sys/security/mac%5fchkexec/mac%5fchkexec.c ...
not sure what became of it, though.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org