a strange/stupid question

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 19:41:58 PST 2007

On 11/24/07, Attilio Rao <attilio at freebsd.org> wrote:
> 2007/11/24, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com>:
> > Where do I find the main() [and/or other entery point] for the
> > kernel.... I tend to understand stuff better if I follow the flow of
> > exec from the start
>
> It is highly MD.
> For IA32 it is in i386/i386/locore.s::btext

For AMD64 I assume something close to that...

I just relized that I actually want to understand everything from POST
on (actually from power on but I know that is very mobo dependant) so
I guess the question is where do I find the first executed statement
for BTX (I know how to disamble the MBR so that part is not an issue)