Looking for speed increases in "make index" and pkg_version for ports

soralx at cydem.org soralx at cydem.org
Tue May 29 11:16:48 UTC 2007

Ivan Voras <ivoras at fer.hr> wrote:
> > Because the information is not a constant.  For example, the mpg123
> > port changes its PKGNAME as soon as esound is installed.
>
> Maybe the time has come to give up on some of the flexibility the
> ports tree has (and this particular one is confusing to the users)
> [...]

maybe more confusing to portupgrade -- one day I'll get tired of
running 'pkgdb -F' almose every time before portupgrade to fix old
dependencies (packages with old config or things like ru-xmms instead of
xmms). This is portupgrade's problem really, but doing away from such
"flexibility" would make life slightly easier...

[SorAlx]  ridin' VN1500-B2