Are there any known issues for installing FreeBSD on Vmware onwindows XP ?

Joseph Koshy joseph.koshy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:50:11 UTC 2007

> Further, after installation how should i ensure that all the
> required kernel sources are installed?

You want the sources to the complete system, not just
the "kernel", and you would want to keep these upto-date
too.  See:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/synching.html
and,
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

> Is there any way by which i can install a specific
> package from from CD and let the OS determine and
> install all the dependencies automatically? Is
> there any command for this like we have apt-get in debian?

'pkg_add' should be installing dependencies automatically.

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy