need help / advices with freebsd + asrock 4coredual-vsta (VT8237A)

didier derny didier at aida.org
Mon Jun 18 11:14:58 UTC 2007

I recently bought an asrock 4coredual-vsta mother board
when I tried to install freebsd I saw with horror that freebsd6,2-stable
and freebsd7.0-current where coughing when they tried to access the
IDE or SATA
hard disks /cdrom.

it just get stuck after having accessed the hard disk or cdrom

I there any hope to see FreeBSD working on this mother board ?

is there anything I can do to help to solve the problem ?

do I have to change my mother board for something else ?
I choosed this one simply because it had a pci express AND an AGP slot

in that case to you have any advice for the video board if I want to buy
somethething working with X11 ?

thanks for your help

--
didier at aida. org