Using shell commands versus C equivalents

Andrew Turner andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Sun Jun 17 20:50:53 UTC 2007

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:27:32 -0700
Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Your source looks very nice, but there are a few comments:
>
> 1. How do you read BDB stuff without including the BDB headers/libs?
I don't. I've only implemented enough to reimplement
pkg_{add,delete,info}. None of these need BDB.

> 2. I can't go and graft your libs, or do something similar with the
> current source because I don't want to break production code
> (pkg_install) of this importance and muck up a lot of user's systems
> irrevocably.
I know. To use libpkg in the base would require the rest of the pkg
tools to be implemented and a lot of testing. As I haven't implemented
all the base pkg tools and testing has just been with a limited number
of packages I wouldn't want to be responsible for the breakage using
libpkg causes.

Andrew

--
Andrew Turner