python modules

Joseph Koshy jkoshy at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 13 20:51:32 UTC 2007

mp> I copied libpmc.so and tryed  'import libpmc'. I have:
mp> ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initlibpmc)
mp> Are we really far from having a libpmc module ?

You may want to browse the following articles in Python's
documentation set:

   "Extending and Embedding the Python Interpreter" (tutorial)
   "Python/C API Reference Manual"

There is an (experimental) Python wrapper for an early version of
libpmc(3) here:

   //depot/user/jkoshy/projects/pmctools/py-libpmc/...

However this code has not been kept in sync with libpmc(3).  I'm
waiting for libpmc to stabilize :).

Regards,
Koshy
<jkoshy at freebsd.org>