Device drivers to be commited.

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sun Jul 1 09:58:39 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 02:30:00AM -0700, soralx at cydem.org wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 01:26:09 -0700
> Josef Grosch <jgrosch at MooseRiver.com> wrote:
>
> > There are 3 drivers that I have been using with FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE
> > and 6.2-RELEASE-p5. They are
> >
> > 1) Intel's new driver for em

The em(4) driver in -CURRENT tends to be *very* up-to-date. At the moment it
is up to version 6.5.3 (which is actually newer than the 6.4.1 driver that
you can download from Intel for FreeBSD 6.x)

The driver in 6-STABLE lags a bit behind (as one would expect). It is
currently at version 6.2.9 (which is also fairly new.)
I don't know if there are any plans for upgrading this before FreeBSD 6.3.

> > 2) Adaptec's new driver for the 3805

No idea about this one.  I don't think there is support for it in either
-CURRENT or 6-STABLE at the moment and I don't know if anybody is working on
it at the moment.

> > 3) 3ware's new SATA RAID controller (9500)

The latest twa(4) driver from 3ware is already in both -CURRENT and 6-STABLE
so it will appear in FreeBSD 6.3 as well as in 7.0

> 04. myk by Marvell (88E8056 -- gigabit NIC)

The msk(4) driver should support that chip.  This driver is also available
in both -CURRENT and 6-STABLE and thus will appear in both FreeBSD 6.3 and
7.0.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson