How to make an .so file for Linux binaries

Thu Jan 4 09:03:55 UTC 2007

Quoting Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu> (from Wed, 03 Jan
2007 12:42:38 -0800):

> 	Trying to add Flashplayer 9 functionality to FreeBSD (via the
> Linux binary and www/linux-pluginwrapper) and I was wondering how I
> should go about determining which symbols need to be used in the .so
> file, and also how I should go about including the files (#include for
> the C files, `cat`, etc?).

You should see complaints about missing symbols when you start the
browser on the console and the output is not redirected to /dev/null
(this may be done in a shell wrapper of the browser, you should
check). You can also use "nm" to have a look at missing symbols in the
.so.

Regarding the last part of your question... have a look at what the
linux-pluginwrapper does.

Note: linux-pluginwrapper will not work on 7-current because of symbol
versioning.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
I don't make the rules, Gil, I only play the game.
		-- Cash McCall