Progress on scaling of FreeBSD on 8 CPU systems

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Sun Feb 25 23:27:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

> If you can package up some kind of test or analogous workload that I
> can run, I'd be happy to take a look at profiling it on MP hardware.

Should be possible. Btw. Has setting kern.threads.virtual_cpu to a different
value effect for running programms or just started ones ?

> P.S. I assume you've done all the usual things like using libthr
> instead of libpthread.

Yes, all clamd installations we have run with libthr, since libptread is
completly unusable and libc_r has small hangs from time to time. The
question is just if this is a clamd problem or an threading library
problem.

--
Martin