portupgrade O(n^m)?

Olivier Warin daffy at xview.net
Wed Feb 14 19:20:09 UTC 2007

daffy at katia:~ %> pkg_info | wc -l
-[19:49]-
      917

Really portupgrade becomes clearly not so usable for me after I
switch to Xorg 7.2RC which install 300 more packages, my workstation
is a xSeries 226 with a Xeon 2,8Ghz 1Go DDR2. So I can imagine what
it does on a laptop...

This issue is not only related to portupgrade, pkg_add a new port
takes far too long now... and make index each time I upgrade my ports
is awfull too.

"Someone has to do something" (tm)

Regards,

Olivier Warin