PING: Someone on the core team. (Modem Problem)

Daniel Rudy dr2867 at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 14 05:52:19 UTC 2007

At about the time of 2/12/2007 10:49 PM, M. Warner Losh stated the
following:
> : sio0: configured irq 19 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> : sio0: port may not be enabled
>
> This may be your problem.  sio isn't detecting the interrupts
> happening on this card, it seems, from this dmesg.  You may need to
> use John Baldwin's hacks to force sio to not use fast interrupts.
> This makes it possible to share it with non-fast interrupt sources.
> Please let me know if you need these patches.
>
> Warner

I'm working on changing the hardware around and moving the modem to a
different PCI slot to see if that makes a difference.  The system is
reinstalling right now on the machine (I tried to install Linux but it
failed...miserably).

--
Daniel Rudy