PING: Someone on the core team. (Modem Problem)

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 9 18:29:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 10:27:07AM -0800, Daniel Rudy wrote..
> At about the time of 2/9/2007 3:05 AM, Peter Jeremy stated the following:
>
> > I'm not on the core team but I'm not sure why you believe that
> > this has anything to do with core.
> >

> This very much does involve core because I plan on handing the modem,
> and the entire computer if necessary, over to a core developer so they
> can figure out why it doesn't work and correct the problem, if they can.

Ah... misunderstanding here.  The 'core team' in FreeBSD vocabulary
refers to a team of folks who serve as the "board of directors" for the
FreeBSD project.

See:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributors/staff-core.html

Your proposal is to find a FreeBSD developer to hand your machine to
get your problem fixed.  That is not the same as the core team.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org