pkg_upgrade (was Re: pkg_add does not backtrack, does it?)

Joan Picanyol i Puig lists-freebsd-hackers at biaix.org
Wed Feb 7 02:01:58 UTC 2007

* Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-freebsdhackers2.e313df at mired.org> [20070207 01:05]:
> If you let us know what your goals are, we might be able to help you
> get there.

I know what I'd like: a utility in the base system for binary upgrading
of packages. More flexible logic in how the '-r' option is handled would
be nice (being able to fetch all packages from All/ even if you are
on RELENG). Doesn't

freebsd-update fetch install && pkg_upgrade -a

look nice for keeping up to date? The obvious hairy details must be
harder than it seems, I'm sure others have considered it (and would have
done it) before.

qvb
--
pica