unique hardware identification

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Feb 2 07:06:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-Feb-01 21:49:43 -0800, Daniel Rudy wrote:
>None of this stuff appears on my system and I'm running 6.1.  I can't
>even find dmidump anywhere on the system or in ports either.

Please elaborate.  kenv(8) states that it first appeared in 4.1.1 and
I don't recall seeing any reference to 'dmidump' in this thread.

If you're referring to getting smbios data reported in kenv - that is
up to your system/BIOS vendor:  If they don't embed the information in
the BIOS, FreeBSD can't report it.  The response on my laptop is
complete.  My older whitebox desktops either don't have the data
populated or don't report it at all.

--
Peter Jeremy