linuxolator problem on amd64

sam samflanker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 01:13:56 PDT 2007

Roman Divacky wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 01:36:20AM +0200, Pieter de Goeje wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 21 August 2007, sam wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, all.
>>>
>>> i am try runing Enemy Territory: Quake Wars server
>>> (links on http://weec.ovl.ru/csdivision/index.php?topic=662.0 )
>>>
>>> # uname -rms
>>> FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE amd64
>>>
>>> # mount | grep linproc
>>> linprocfs on /usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)
>>>
>>> # cat run.sh
>>> #!/bin/sh
>>> cd `dirname $0`
>>> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:."
>>> exec ./etqwded.x86 "$@"
>>>
>>> # ./run.sh
>>> cannot set up thread-local storage: cannot set up LDT for thread-local
>>> storage
>>>
>> TLS for Linux programs only work on i386 or -current amd64, so either
>> downgrade to 32bits FreeBSD or upgrade to FreeBSD 7, or find a version of the
>> program that doesn't use TLS (non threaded version).
>>

> I think the program is trying to set up "TLS" using user LDT. not the GDT segment
> TLS Linux 2.6 uses. ie. upgrading to 7.x etc. wont help

quote message from etqw doc:

Minimum system requirements:

- GNU/Linux x86 system
x64/amd64 systems supported through 32 bit emulation layer only
BSD systems through Linux emulation
- Pentium(r) 4 2.0 GHz or Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ processor
- 512MB RAM
- Kernel 2.6, configured for 1000Hz tick and other low latency settings