REQUEST FOR TESTERS: `devel/mingw32-gcc'

Coleman Kane cokane at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 21 09:53:27 PDT 2007

Coleman Kane wrote:
> Lev Serebryakov wrote:
>> Hello ports,
>>
>>   Latest versions of `mingw32-binutils' and `mingw32-bin-msvcrt' were
>> committed.
>>   `mingw32-gcc' is on pipeline.
>>   But it is BIG update: new version is 4.2.0
>>   I ask you to test this `almost new' port before commit.
>>
>>   http://lev.serebryakov.spb.ru/download/port-mingw32-gcc-4.2.0.tar.gz
>>
>>   Many thanks to Coleman Kane <cokane at freebsd.org>, who helps me to
>> prepare this update.
>>
> I'd like to know what everyone else's experience with these new
> mingw32- ports are. So far I have been building Win32 applications
> from my FreeBSD box with these versions quite successfully. I think
> that the binutils and GCC are actually newer than the ones currently
> shipping with the MinGW32 binary distribution too.
>
> --
> Coleman Kane

I haven't seen any activity on the above email, and I am curious if:
  1) It was missed (and this really does affect people)
  2) Nobody cross-compiles using the mingw32-* ports (it is really very
handy!)
  3) Nobody really cares that mingw32-gcc will move from 3.4.5 --> 4.2.0

Please, if this affects you test out the above port tarball! Otherwise,
this will end up going in and not take into account any problems that
might arise in your environment.

--
Coleman Kane