cvs commit: src/sys/netinet sctp_asconf.c sctp_input.c sctp_output.c sctp_pcb.c sctp_timer.c sctp_usrreq.c sctputil.c

Randall Stewart rrs at cisco.com
Wed Aug 15 19:55:29 PDT 2007

Max Laier wrote:
> On Thursday 16 August 2007, you wrote:
>
>>rrs         2007-08-16 01:51:22 UTC
>>
>>  FreeBSD src repository
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    sys/netinet          sctp_asconf.c sctp_input.c sctp_output.c
>>                         sctp_pcb.c sctp_timer.c sctp_usrreq.c
>>                         sctputil.c
>>  Log:
>>  - Remove extra comment for 7.0 (no GIANT here).
>>  - Remove unneeded WLOCK/UNLOCK of inp for getting TCB lock.
>>  - Fix panic that may occur when freeing an assoc that has partial
>>    delivery in progress (may dereference null socket pointer when
>>    queuing partial delivery aborted notification)
>>  - Some spacing and comment fixes.
>>  - Fix address add handling to clear cached routes and source
>>addresses when peer acks the add in case the routing table changes.
>>  Approved by:    re at freebsd.org (Bruce Mah)
>>
>>  Revision  Changes    Path
>>  1.24      +49 -2     src/sys/netinet/sctp_asconf.c
>>  1.56      +3 -7      src/sys/netinet/sctp_input.c
>>  1.49      +48 -41    src/sys/netinet/sctp_output.c
>>  1.52      +1 -4      src/sys/netinet/sctp_pcb.c
>>  1.26      +0 -2      src/sys/netinet/sctp_timer.c
>>  1.42      +1 -2      src/sys/netinet/sctp_usrreq.c
>>  1.55      +4 -5      src/sys/netinet/sctputil.c
>

> This doesn't include the memset reversion fix on -hackers recently.  Just
> makeing sure it's not forgotten as I happen to remember just now.

No.. this patch was one I submitted 8/7... I did not have the memset
patch then.. The patch you speak of is already incorporated into the
main CVS tree we (the sctp team) use to support the three O/S's we
work on (FreeBSD/MAC-OSX/IOS-XR).... The next patch that is building,
patch 15, currently looks as follows:
bash-stewlap: cat list_of_updates
- Fix address add handling to clear cached routes and source addresses
   when peer acks the add in case the routing table changes.
- Fix sctp_lower_sosend to send shutdown chunk for mbuf send
   case when sndlen = 0 and sinfoflag = SCTP_EOF
- Fix sctp_lower_sosend for SCTP_ABORT mbuf send case with null data,
   So that it does not send the "null" data mbuf out and cause
   it to get freed twice.
- Fix so auto-asconf sysctl actually effect the socket's asconf state.
- Do not allow SCTP_AUTO_ASCONF option to be used on subset bound
   sockets.
- Memset bug in sctp_output.c (arguments were reversed) submitted
   found and reported by Dave Jones (davej at codemonkey.org.uk).
- PD-API point needs to be invoked >= not just > to conform to
   socket api draft this fixes sctp_indata.c in the two
    places need to be >=.
**************************************

As you can see Dave's patch is there.. but I have not
submitted this yet. The next SCTP-Interop starts Sunday
(I am in Japan helping setup for this now) and I think it
is best I wait to see what other bugs surface at the interop
before queuing the next patch to re...

Unless you want me to speed the sending of this up.. if so
I can start my make universe builds and begin patch prep.. but
if not.. I will wait .. let me know if you want me to do so..

:-D

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 803-317-4952 (cell)