Issue with loading a module

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Wed Sep 13 23:53:08 PDT 2006

Sean Thomson wrote this message on Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 15:07 -0600:
> In working with a device driver, sometimes
> after I rebuild it and reload it, I'll get
> system log errors like
>
> 'link_elf: symbol yyz undefined'

I assume that it fails to load when you get this message?

> Actually, I'll  get an entry for all my
> exported symbols. If I reboot, it clears
> up.

exported from your kernel module?

> I'm working on a stock 6.1 kernel.
>
> Has anyone else seen this? I poked around
> the mailing lists but didn't find any
> like this?

Usually this is due to depending upon symbols that another module
exports, but not having a MODULE_DEPEND line to let one module see
the other module's symbols...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579