unionfs in livecd?

Matteo Riondato matteo at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 13 17:17:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 05:35:01PM +0200, Erik Udo wrote:
> I was thinking of making a personal livecd for my own use.
>
> So, how is unionfs? I heard it's still buggy especially if you mount
> multiple memory devices.
>
> I found a link to a patch from the freesbie-projects website that
> somehow patches the current.
> http://people.freebsd.org/%7Edaichi/unionfs/
> Should i use this?
>
> Can i mount one singe memory device on top of the root-directory? I'd
> want my whole system writeable.
>
> If not, then can aynone please tell me how i can have a stable,
> writeable livecd.

Use the FreeSBIE scripts to build it.

As a side note, in FreeSBIE 2.0-BETA we're not using unionfs at the
moment so only some parts of the system are writable. Anyway it is
possibile to build an ISO image that uses unionfs (and I'll probably
release an ISO image with unionfs enabled in the near future.)
Best Regards
--
Matteo Riondato
FreeBSD Committer (http://www.freebsd.org)