Exiting Xorg panics Core Duo laptop

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Tue May 9 20:34:54 UTC 2006

I have a Core Duo system (2 2GHz CPUs), that continually locks up (I
believe it panics) when exiting xorg with both CPU's enabled.  If I have:

hint.apic.0.disabled="1"

in device.hints, I only use one CPU, however it exits from xorg just
fine.  When the system locks, I still have some keyboard control (num
lock lights, etc), but I can't seem to do anything else.  I can't see
the screen, it goes black during that time.  All my system
configs/dmesg/etc are here:

Booted with apic not disabled:
http://www.googlebit.com/freebsd/200605090613/

Booted with apic disabled: