syscall calling question

Gergely CZUCZY phoemix at harmless.hu
Sat May 6 11:39:54 UTC 2006

hello,

There's an issue on jails i've decided to look into
(jails keep on stucking into the system). Yet, i examining
the 6-STABLE tree, and there is a point i don't understands

in libc.so.6 there is jail_attach (i've picked a call) defined,
while i was unable to find any jail-related functions defined in
lib/libc. The only place they are defined is under kern/kern_jail.c,
which has a different prototype than the one in the libc (according
to the manual page and the source of jexec(8)).

my question is, from a userland libcall, how does a kernel-functions
be invoked? i couldn't figure it out by looking at the source, and
also the developers handbook hadn't told this to me.

Bye,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: gergely.czuczy at harmless.hu
PGP: http://phoemix.harmless.hu/phoemix.pgp

Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.